Saturday, April 9, 2011

Relationships, Riches, and Remembering

On Friday, I had a meeting with Jackson Dunn, He works for the "Center for Relationship Enrichment" basically long story short they do these assessments on your "EQ" or Emotional Intelligence, and they look at everything from self-image, to your view of relationships...etc. And basically one thing we talked about is how I don't recognize my emotions as easily as I notice them in others. Interesting talk...

Anyway, I have been thinking about money a lot lately, I hate money, I wish we didn't need it, but alas, we do. So I thought it would be cool to win the lottery, but I don't really want to win like $300 Million cause that is just WAY too much...I just want like $20 million, I'm ok with that. I've just been a little stressed with Owing school money, Dr's bills, and still needing about $1200 for my Choir trip to Northern Ireland. It's very stressful, plus I am trying to live off-campus next year, and they guys want to start the lease in May, and I don't even have a job. So, I have been having a lot of difficulties not worrying and letting the Holy Spirit take over my worries and fears.

Which leads me into my final "R" Remembering God. Francis Chan wrote a book about how we neglect and even forget about the Holy Spirit, in his book "Forgotten God" It is amazing!! And it's helping me realize that it is in a sense normal that I have trouble with "letting go and letting God" but it's still not good. We either believe What Jesus said in the Bible, and know that the Holy Spirit is in us, and will give us the things He promised if we pray for them, or we don't! There's not an option where we believe and get let down. If we are asking for the things that we are promised and we have faith, He WILL give them to us. No matter what your belief on the Holy Spirit is, I think you need to read this book. Charismatic or Conservative, the Holy Spirit IS part of the Trinity, and as such should be revered, and remembered!

I hope when you read this you will be closer in your walk with God then you were when you wrote it. Bye Phillip, go drink your iced mocha.

No comments:

Post a Comment